I’ve been examining an experience that a Caucasian woman had at a Chinese restaurant. On Wednesday, the dreamer commented on the important symbols in her vision/dream experience. You can scroll down to my last post to see how we arrived at the following list.
* Conference on metaphysics: A gathering of people who are trying to find more depth and meaning to life—not just the things that happen to us on the surface.
* 4 hours by car: It takes an effort to get there, but it’s not an impossible journey.
* Getting sleepy: My body was telling me that I needed a rest.
* Chinese restaurant: It’s food from another culture, but one that I am drawn to. I find the food delicious.
* Lunch and a cup of coffee: I needed to be replenished and reawakened.
* Buffet with delicious dishes: Such a variety of offerings.
* Mind starts to drift: I lose my attention and go somewhere else in my consciousness.
* Filling plate high with food: There is more nourishment than I can consume.
* Can’t eat so much: It’s too much to deal with all at once.
* Snapped out of it: I came back to myself.
* Imagined the whole thing: It was an experience that I had completely inside of my own consciousness.
Restating the symbol list as a dream
Taking the above list and reworking her comments into a new dream statement is simple; it can almost be done verbatim. The only addition is to add phrases to remind the dreamer that all the symbols are aspects of herself. For example, notice the dreamer’s comment in regard to the first symbol: “conference on metaphysics.” She talks about a gathering of people who are looking for more depth and meaning in their lives. When that symbol is restated in the new version of the dream, the gathering and all of the people attending become aspects of her own inner self. Here’s the restated dream in its entirety:
There is a place inside of me where I am gathered with other parts of myself. We are all trying to find more depth and meaning to life—not just the things that happen to us on the surface. It is an effort to get there, but it’s not an impossible journey. My body is telling me that I need a rest, so I visit with food from another culture. It’s one I am drawn to. I find this food delicious. There is such a variety of offerings. While on this visit, I lose my attention and go somewhere else in my consciousness. There is more nourishment than I can consume. It’s too much to deal with all at once. I come back to myself and understand that this was an experience I had completely inside of my own consciousness.
There are two themes stated repeatedly: 1) She wants more depth in life and is willing to make the effort to get it. 2) She is fatigued.
We’ll ask her about all this tomorrow.
If you enjoy these posts, please feel free to leave a comment.
Or, follow the discussion uninterrupted.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page to learn how.
Post a Comment